Processing of your personal data
Rapid Granulator Aktiebolag, Reg. No. 556082-8674, Box 9, SE-330 10 Bredaryd, Sweden (the ”Company” or “we”) takes all necessary measures to make sure that personal data concerning our customers and partners are being processed by us in a lawfully, fairly and transparent manner. The Company is a world-leading company in the development and production of granulation equipment as well as solutions for an efficient handling of polymeric materials, in particular in relation to the industry of plastic manufacturing.
The Company is committed to protecting your personal data and it is important to the Company to ensure that your personal data are being processed in a secure way. We comply with all applicable laws and rules that exist to protect the privacy of individuals, including the Swedish Personal Data Act (1998:204), the Swedish Act on Electronic Communication (2003:389) and such other laws or regulation that implements the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and any changes to, amendments to or regulations that replace such laws and regulations. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures with respect to the amount and sensitivity of personal data.
Some pages on our website contain links to third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies and the Company is not responsible for their operations or their information policies. Any user who sends information to or through these third party websites should hence review the privacy policies posted on those websites before any personal data are transferred to them.
For information on the collection, handling and storage of information obtained through cookies, see the “Cookies” section below.
What personal data do we collect and where from?
If you request to submit offer, order a product, manuals or services, make contact or otherwise use our services, you may provide information to us that is considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
The types of personal data that we collect may, depending on the context, include:
- name and contact information including address, mobile number and e-mail address;
- delivery and billing information, payment information and other information that you provide in connection with the purchase or delivery of a product or service;
- information about preferences and interests based on the use of the Company’s websites;
- user name and password for our services;
- other information that is relevant for customer surveys, advertisement/marketing or offers;
- and/or other user-generated information that you actively choose to share through our websites.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- any of the Company’s tools for sales and presentations;
- any of the Company’s websites, e.g. when you order a product or a service or otherwise subscribe on our website;
- Google Analytics; contact forms;
- subscribe to any of our newsletters, or participate in any of our competitions;
- and/or from third parties in the form of group companies.
Why do we process your personal data?
If you have ordered a product or a service you have entered into an agreement with the Company. As a result, we process your personal data for the purpose of managing your purchase or order, and in order to deliver the service or product that you have ordered.
In addition to processing your personal data to complete your purchase of products or services, the Company may use your personal data for other purposes, based on other legal grounds, as set out below.
- Performance of a contract: For the handling and administration of purchases, deliveries of products, to make payments, for administration of warranties in accordance with applicable warranty commitments as well as to give you access to the Company’s websites and the services (inter alia customer support) provided there.
- Consent: Direct marketing (by regular mail and e-mail), customer surveys, customer support and newsletters.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We save invoice documentation in accordance with applicable accounting laws and regulations as well as information concerning the manufacturing and sales of machinery and equipment in accordance with applicable regulations on product safety.
- Legitimate interest: In order to be able to provide, carry out and improve our commitments, products and services, it is necessary for us to process personal data in some other cases as well, e.g. by analysing our customers’ buying patterns in order to provide them with relevant information and marketing, as well as for statistical purposes.
In the event that a service that we provide requires your consent, we will always explicitly ask you to give your consent to such a service and to the processing of your personal data in such a case. For example, we will ask for your consent if you would like to subscribe to any of the Company’s newsletters or if you would like to create an account on any of the Company’s websites or software for sales and presentations developed by the Company
Retention of personal data
The Company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored longer than permitted by applicable law or longer than necessary to fulfil the above stated purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us during the following time periods.
- Customer, distributor or agent: If you are a customer, distributor, agent or if you in any other way have registered for any of the Company’s digital services your personal data are saved until you cancel your membership or unsubscribe from our services but no later than three years after your last contact with the Company. This does not apply if we need to save your personal data for a longer period of time due to any of the reasons stated below.
- Performance of a contract: Personal data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail and billing and delivery information) which are submitted to the Company in connection with the order of products and/or services are stored for as long as necessary in order for the Company’s performance of the agreement with you. This includes, inter alia, fulfilling delivery or warranty commitments.
- Legal obligation: The Company saves any documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting legislation.
- Consent: In cases where we process your personal data based on your consent, we will only save your personal data for as long as we still have your consent.
- Tracking: In order to fulfil the machinery directive and/or warranties.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes for as long as three years after the customer relationship has ended, unless you object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes.
Transfer of personal data
- Partners outside the group of companies that the Company belongs to: Our partners, i.e. companies outside the group of companies that the Company belongs to and which are approved by the Company, may get access to your personal data for the purpose of giving you access to targeted information and offers about products and services.
- Matching with private and public records: The Company may enrich your personal data with further information through collection of information from other private and public records, e.g. for approval of credit. In this way, your personal data may be enriched and updated.
- Business transactions: If all or part of the Company’s operations are sold or integrated with any other business, operation or company, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors, and be transferred to the new owners of the operation.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed for the purpose of the Company’s compliance with certain legal obligations and it may be transferred to the Police and other relevant public authorities when permitted and required by law.
The type of transfers mentioned above may only be carried out to companies within the EU or EEA (i.e. all EU member states and Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein). We do not process any personal data outside the EU and EEA.
Withdrawal of consent
In the event that we process your personal data based on your consent, e.g. regarding subscription to newsletters, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting customer service as stated below. Such withdrawal may be made in whole or in part. If you do not wish to receive marketing and special offers from us you may withdraw your consent by contacting customer service.
You have the right to request information about the categories of personal data concerning you that we are processing and how they are being used by contacting us in writing using the contact details below, or by contacting customer service. You are also entitled to request correction of incorrect, incomplete or ambiguous personal data concerning you by contacting customer service. For the protection of your privacy and your personal data, we may require that you identify yourself in connection with our assistance.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you also have the right to request that your personal data be erased or that the processing of your personal data be restricted. In certain situations you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and request that your personal data be transmitted in an electronic format.
You may file a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw. Datainspektionen) if you believe that the Company’s processing of your personal data is not carried out in accordance with applicable laws.
The Company uses so-called cookies on our websites. A cookie is a small text file sent from a website to your web browser. The cookie cannot identify you personally, but only the web browser that is installed on your computer and the web browser you use when visiting the webpage. Consequently, different cookies are saved on different computers, should you use different computers when visiting our websites. Cookies do not carry viruses and cannot destroy any other information stored on your computer.
Cookies are usually categorised based on their origin and based on whether they are stored in your web browser or not. Cookies can either be sent to you from the website you visit (i.e. first-party cookie) or from another organisation that delivers services to the current website, such as an analytical and statistical company (i.e. third-party cookies). Cookies can also be divided into session cookies and permanent cookies. A session cookie is sent to your computer so that the webpages can function properly during your visit and is not stored on your computer, but is erased when you close down your web browser. The function of a session cookie is for example that it is activated when you return to a previously visited part of the website and thus facilitates your navigation on the website. A permanent cookie, on the other hand, is stored in your web browser and thus allows a web page to recognise your computer’s IP address even if you turn off your computer or log out between visits.
The Company uses both session cookies and permanent cookies on our website. Both types of cookies are needed primarily for the functionality of our services, to help us improve our delivery of products and services and to provide you with additional functionality. Furthermore, the Company uses third-party cookies to investigate how to adapt and develop the information on the Company’s website in the best possible way.
The Company does not perform profiling or any other automatic processing based on your personal data.
Rapid Granulator Aktiebolag
Industrivägen 4, Box 9
SE-333 02 Bredaryd, Sweden
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.nr +46 (0)370-86500